Mr.M does MODALS | Learning English with Mr.M #1

Hi people, I´m Mr.M and today I´m going to talk to you about:

MODALS

1. Can:
90%  hability - I can play...
10%  permission - Can I go...?

2. Could: the same but in the past.
Negatives: Can´t / Couldn´t.

3. May:
90%  permission - May I go...?
10%  probability - It may rain.
Negative: May not.

4. Might:
90%  probability - It might rain.
10%  permission formal - Might I go...?
Negative: Might not

5. Must:
90%  obligation - I must be quiet in school.
10%  certainty - He worked all day, he must be tired.

6. Musn´t:
100% prohibition.

7. Have to:
90%  obligation "ligera"
10%  necessity.

8. Need to:
100% necessity.
Negative: Needn´t to.

9. Should:
Advice.
Suggestion.

10. Ought to:
Idem.




Comments

Popular posts!

FEBRUARY 1 - Katniss and Peeta (The Hunger Games) - #MONTHOFLOVE

February 14 - Spencer Hastings & Toby Cavanaugh (Pretty Little Liars) - #MONTHOFLOVE

VISIT PARIS: DAY 1 (friday)